LEROO LA TAU, MAKGADIKGADI PANS NATIONAL PARK
A superb site on the banks of the Boteti River, opposite the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, one of Botswana’s most diverse national parks, one which offers sanctuary to the second largest zebra migration in the world during the dry season when the water dries up in the salt pans. Leroo La Tau which translates as “lions paw” in Setswana, is a magnificent location. All 12 of its luxurious thatched and glass fronted suites are raised on wooden platforms on the high banks of the Boteti River with 270 degree panoramic views of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park. The dining area, lounge, cocktail bar and a first floor wildlife reference library, are all tucked under the eaves of the thatch and timber main building. There is an evening campfire boma as well as a covered viewing hide all overlooking the banks of the Boteti River.
Leroo La Tau offers the following activities:
* Day and night game drives via open Land Cruisers to explore this unique wilderness
* Depending on the water level of the Boteti River, boat activities can also be provided
* Optional cultural excursions can be arranged to Khumaga Village
* Guided nature walks in the area surrounding the lodge
CAMP OKAVANGO OR XUGANA ISLAND LODGE, OKAVANGO DELTA
Both these remote lodges are in the heart of the Okavango Delta. Botswana’s magnificent Okavango Delta is a maze of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels which attract wildlife that depend on the permanent waters of this unique wilderness. Camp Okavango is situated on the remote Nxaraga Island, hidden amongst the beautiful ancient Mangosteen trees, in the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta. Camp Okavango has 12 luxury East-African style safari tents with sliding glass doors on raised platforms, accommodating just 24 people.
Camp Okavango offer the following activities:
* Guided nature walks conducted by experienced professional guides
* Mokoro (canoe) & motorised boating trips through a variety of tranquil waterways to explore the
* Exceptional bird watching opportunities
* Fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
CAMP XAKANAXA, MOREMI GAME RESERVE
Camp Xakanaxa is a small and personal safari camp and one of the Okavango favourites due to its superb location, fantastic game viewing, friendly service and authentic safari style. This intimate safari camp has only 12 safari tents, accommodation 24 people.
Camp Xakanaxa offer the following activities:
* Activities are centred around tracking big game on morning and afternoon game drives by open 4×4 safari vehicle in the Moremi Game Reserve
* Exploring the Xakanaxa Lagoon and surrounding Okavango channels by motorboat
* A short mokoro (canoe) ride is done in conjunction with a powerboat exploration
CHOBE GAME LODGE
Chobe Game Lodge is designed as a haven of peace and privacy – where relaxation is effortless and you can enjoy your own space. With six comfortably furnished viewing decks, a riverside boma, two bars, six different lounges and four dining locations, a comfy chair or lounger is never far away, each with a different perspective on the wilderness that surrounds the lodge. A large swimming pool provides welcome relief during hot afternoons and there is always a waiter on hand to bring you refreshments from the bar.
Chobe Game Lodge can accommodate up to ninety-four people in total luxury. Each of the forty-seven rooms at the lodge is river-facing and air-conditioned, featuring overhead fans, complimentary mini bar, en-suite bathrooms and a private terrace. For those guests who demand the ultimate in exclusivity, the Lodge has four river-view suites, each with its own plunge pool and separate lounge area.
Chobe Game Lodge offers the following activities:
* Safari cruises along the Chobe River
* Game drives
* Exploration of remote part of the park