4-ISLAND: TOURSÃO MIGUEL – TERCEIRA – FAIAL – PICO – SÃO MIGUEL
11 DAYS / 10 NIGHTS
DAY 1 SÃO MIGUEL Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Accommodation: São Miguel for 4 nights
DAY 2 SÃO MIGUEL Departure to Sete Cidades Lakes by the mountain road, where you get a very nice view of the flat part of the island. Stop at the «Vista do Rei” belvedere. Stop at the village of Sete Cidades. On the way back, visit the pineapple plantations. Free afternoon. (B)
DAY 3 SÃO MIGUEL Departure from Ponta Delgada to Furnas by the south road. Stop at the village of Vila Franca do Campo. Arrival in Furnas valley, passing by the lake. Visit of the botanical garden (time for a swim in the natural hot water swimming pool) and the hot springs (lunch included). Return by the north coast visiting a tea plantation and Santa Iria view point. (B/L)
DAY 4 SÃO MIGUEL Free day to visit the town. (B)
DAY 5 SÃO MIGUEL - TERCEIRA Transfer to the airport. Flight to the island of Terceira. Transfer to the hotel. (B)
Accommodation: Terceira for 2 nights
DAY 6 TERCEIRA Full Day the Best of Terceira. On this tour you will visit the best of the island and other places off the beaten track not so well known but with amazing landscapes, the center of the island, Biscoitos, Vineyards, Natural swimming pools, Raminho, Serreta, Algar do Carvão and Serra do Cume viewpoint. Discover the history and culture of Terceira, connect with nature and enjoy a traditional lunch at a small local restaurant). This is a slow pace full day tour and a very special experience. Return to the hotel. (B/L)
DAY 7 TERCEIRA – FAIAL Transfer to the airport to take the flight to Faial Island. Transfer to the hotel. (B)
Accommodation: Faial for 3 nights
DAY 8 FAIAL - PICO - FAIAL In the morning, transfer to the harbour. Ferry to Pico Island (30 minutes). Full Day Pico. Departure from Madalena through the north coast in direction of Cachorro and Lajido. Continue to S. Roque to visit the Whale Factory and the natural swimming pools. Continue by the mountain road towards the lake of Capitão, at 900m. Stop at Lajes to visit the Whalers Museum. Stop for lunch. Continue along the south coast, short stop at Mistérios de São João, then continue to São Mateus to visit the church. Continue in direction of Criação Velha where Pico’s vinyards are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B/L)
DAY 9 FAIAL Departure from Horta to a Full Day Tour Faial. It begins heading to the village of Flamengos to visit the Botanical Garden of the Island. Next, the tour heads up to the Natural Reserve of the Caldeira of Faial, surrounded by the blue hydrangeas. It keeps going towards Ribeira das Cabras viewpoint, along Serra of Feteira. Stop for lunch. Descent to the Fajã in Praia do Norte. Visit to the Capelinhos Vocano Interpretation Centre. The Volcano erupted from 1957-1958. On the way back to Horta, quick stop at Varadouro to admire the amazing Morro of Castelo Branco, ending the day in Monte da Guia, already in Horta, to admire one of the best views of the city and the Bay of Porto Pim. (B/L)
DAY 10 FAIAL - SÃO MIGUEL Transfer to the airport. Flight to the island of São Miguel. Transfer to the hotel. (B)
Accommodation: São Miguel for 1 night
DAY 11 SÃO MIGUEL Transfer to the airport. (B)
- 10 night accommodation at 3* and 4* hotels
- 14 meals: 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches
- Arrival and departure transfers between airport or harbor and accommodation
- Half day tour to Sete Cidades with English speaking driver/guide
- Full day tour to Furnas with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden during the full day tour to Furnas
- Entrance fee at the Monitoring and Research Centre of Furnas
- Full day tour Terceira with english speaking driver/guide -lunch of “alcatra”. If the tour is on Sunday it will be a different meal.
- Entrance fee at the volcanic cave Algar do Carvão – the entrance to this cave might be cancelled due to low number of visitants
- Full day tour Pico with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to two museums or 1 museum and the volcanic cave of Gruta das Torres during
- the full day tour Pico (the museums are: Whalers Museum and Museum of the Whaling Industry)
- Full day tour Faial with English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fee to the Interpretation Center of Capelinhos Volcano during the full day tour to Faial (closed: on Mondays and bank holidays)
- Symbolic contribution to social and environnemental institutions: Rabo de Peixe Sabe Sonhar & Life Priolo: 1€
- Flight PDL/TER/HOR/PDL with AIRPASS airfare. See the air pass regulation at the end of this document.
- If it is not possible to apply AIRPASS fare there will be a supplement to the normal airfare (please consult us)
- Boat tickets HOR/PIX/HOR
· Meals other than those mentioned on the program · Local guide on the island of Faial and Pico · Supplement to the normal and flexible airfare · Upgrades to superior rooms · Supplement for reservations in hotels other than those mentioned in the programNote: the days of the tours may be changed at our convenience. The tours may have to be in taxi with English speaking driver.
|Hotel Options or similar
||Hotel Vila Nova 3*
||Azoris Angra Garden 3*
||Hotel Azoris Faial Garden 4*
The room type changes according to the number of guests per room. Some rooms can’t accomodate more than 2 guests.*
From October 26th the hotel Vila Nova will be substituted by the Hotel Canadiano.
Daily departure available with minimum 2 participants!
|Price in $ CAD, per person starting from, double occupancy
||Single if travelling with minimum 1 other participant
||Single if travelling alone and is possible to be alone on tour
|Jan 7th to March 27th
|March 28th to April 5th
|April 6 to April 9 th
|April 10th to April 26th
|April 27th to May 17th
|May 18th to Sept 24th
|Sept 25th to Sept 27th
|Sept 28th to Oct 22nd
| Triple reduction
For regular flights with more flexibility, supplements from +$50 to 100$ or more apply. Please ask your travel agent for exact price of the moment. Note:
From September 22nd the hotel Vila Nova will be substituted by the Hotel Canadiano. The Hotel Canadiano does not provide HB*, therefore the HB price mentioned on the chart refers only to the Hotel Azoris Angra Garden and the Hotel Azoris Faial Resort. AIRPASS INTER AZORES ISLAND REGULATION Included AIRPASS REGULATIONS (please consult us – changes after publishing may occur):
- For passengers holding an international ticket, residing outside Portugal
- Issuing of ticket 15 days prior to departure.
- Cancellation -non refundable
- Rerouting after departure: no refund
- Voluntary routing changes after issuing ticket permitted to upgrade to normal fare
- Change name after issuing ticket permitted with penalty
- Accompanied Children: under 2 with seat pay: price on request.
For regular flights with more flexibility, supplements from $50 to 100$ or more apply. Please ask your travel agent for exact price of the moment.
**Prices in this document are for information only; they were issued at press time, for the current year. Please note that due to exchange rates and temporary promotions, they can increase or decrease at any time. Contact your travel agent for the price and promotion of the moment The prices indicated exclude the contribution to the Customer Compensation Fund of $3.50 per $1,000 of tourism product or service purchased from a travel agent in Quebec.