Your secluded island paradise awaits
The Maldives is a nation of islands in the Indian Ocean, that spans across the equator. The country is comprised of 1192 islands that stretch along a length of 871 kilometers. While the country covers an area of approximately 90,000 square kilometers, only 298 square kilometers of that is dry land. The islands are grouped into a double chain of 26 atolls. The country’s unique geography mesmerizes the visitor. Reefs that offer bands of color, tiny jewel-like islands rimmed with the whitest of soft sand surrounded by the clearest shallow waters that one can imagine. Only 200 of the islands are inhabited, and a select few on each of the atolls are resorts and some of the islands are used for industry and agriculture. The beauty of the Maldives is not only above the water. The Maldives is home to about five percent of the planet’s reefs that comes with an explosion of color contributed by soft and hard corals that form them. The reefs are home to a thousand species of fish. Lured by the rich nutrients that flow in with the currents, large pelagic fishes such as manta rays and whale sharks also make the Maldives their home.
International Airport Male – MLE
Tropical islands with soft sand beaches fringed with lofty coconut palms leading into turquoise lagoons where house reefs teem with marine life… Welcome to the Maldives!
Diving in the Maldives
The abundant underwater world of the Maldives makes the archipelago a true paradise for diving and snorkeling enthusiasts. Colourful corals, exotic fishes and turtles abound in the azure waters of the Indian Ocean.
Stay in a Luxury Resort
A highlight of the Maldives are its luxurious beach resorts, many of which are situated on their own island.
What is included
• All services as mentioned above.
• Accommodation in the below-mentioned resorts
• Transfers from/to Velana International Airport (MLE) by speed boat or/and flight, depending on the location of the resort.
• Fully licensed and insured to international standard.
• All applicable local taxes.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Maldives Green tax $6USD per person, per day to be paid locally.
- Male departure tax of approx. $30 USD per person, based on economy class air.
Things you Need to Know:
• Additional airfare, airport taxes and fuel surcharges may apply.
• Additional charges may apply if changes or cancellations are made to flight tickets. We will notify you if ticket issuance deadlines are outside our standard terms and conditions.
• If you have decided to travel on a local holiday or festival, certain rates may be higher. We will let you know right away if this condition applies to you.
• Accommodation is subject to availability until you have confirmed your booking and paid any relevant deposits.
• In the event your chosen hotel is not available alternatives will be offered
**PCR tests can be arranged in destination for all passengers, to take place at their hotels. These must be arranged directly with the hotel’s front desk on the day of arrival, and are to be paid directly to the hotel in destination. Rates vary by hotel and services provided.
**Prices in this document are for information only; they were issued at press time, for the current year. Please note that due to exchange rates and temporary promotions, they can increase or decrease at any time. Contact your travel agent for the price and promotion of the moment The prices indicated exclude the contribution to the Customer Compensation Fund of $3.50 per $1,000 of tourism product or service purchased from a travel agent in Quebec.